Preparation and submission of scientific or technological dissemination videos
• This year SBTE will open a new space for competition of videos of scientific or technological dissemination (scientific pitch style - see the example in the list of tutorials).
• Scientific or technological dissemination videos must be prepared according to the basic science, applied science or field professionals (technical report) categories. Videos should preferably be in Portuguese, and the preparation of videos in English or Spanish is also allowed.
• Videos must be short, ranging between 3 minutes and 3 minutes and 30 seconds, preferably recorded in MP4 format with a size of approximately 300 MB with a maximum resolution of 1280×720 (HD) – 720p30, with a standard aspect ratio of 16:9 .
• Only one video can be submitted per member – see Eligibility Criteria.
• Mentions of commercial products can only be made in acknowledgments.
• Videos must be sent to SBTE email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 07/16/2021.
• Authors must be aware of and agree with the dissemination of videos on social media and SBTE page. For this purpose, authors are requested to authorize the use of the videos by signing the Term Assignment of Rights for the Use of Image and Voice made available by SBTE.
• Videos will be evaluated by a Judging Committee in basic, applied and field professionals. The Judging commission will be formed by ad hoc reviewers appointed by the Scientific Committee. In addition, this year, the SBTE community (partners) will also have the opportunity to vote for the best scientific or technological dissemination videos in the basic, applied and field professionals areas.
• Members will be able to vote for the best scientific or technological dissemination video in each category until 20/08. Wait for the next press release about voting instructions!
• For the final analysis of the winning videos, the opinion of the Judging Committee will have weight 2 and the members' vote will have weight 1.
• The winning videos (1 video per category) will be presented at the August workshop and will receive the “SBTE 2021 Scientific Dissemination” award in the basic, applied and field areas.
Best scientific or technological dissemination video in Basic and Applied areas: the first author can be a student or professional. One of the authors must be a member of SBTE, being allowed to send only one (1) video per member.
Best scientific or technological dissemination video for Field Professionals: the award in this category aims to honor the competence, casuistry and power of observation of colleagues who work in the field, or in the laboratory, outside universities or research institutions. Therefore, co-authoring by members of academic or research institutions is NOT allowed in the videos competing in this category. One of the authors must be a member of SBTE, being allowed to send only one (1) video per member.
• Final date for submission of scientific/technological dissemination videos: 07/16/2021
• Open period for SBTE members to vote on the videos: 07/20/201 to 08/20/2021
• Dissemination of the winning videos in the basic, applied and field professionals categories (technical report): 26/08/2021, during the SBTE workshop.
Instructions for preparing VIDEOS
• Authors must prepare a short video between 3 minutes and 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
• Videos should preferably be approximately 300MB in size with a maximum resolution of 1280×720 (HD) – 720p30, with a standard aspect ratio of 16:9.
• MP4 format is recommended for recording and sending videos. Videos uploaded in other formats will require adjustments.
• Examples of applications used to record presentations and/or edit videos: Power point, OBS Studio, iMovie, Movavi, Movavi Video Editor, ScreenFlow, ActivePresenter, Camtasia Studio, YouTube Video Editor, Shotcut, Lightworks, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Ocam, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc. For Google users, the Google Meet and Google Presentations apps can also be used to record the presentation videos. Questions about recording and formatting the videos can be sent to Guilherme Vanzela at email@example.com.
Contact for further clarification:
Dr. Fabíola F. Paula-Lopes – Paula.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Dr. Rogério Fonseca Peres - firstname.lastname@example.org
SBTE Secretariat – Phone: (16) 3202-2491 – e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.